May 31, 2008

55.35

No comments    
categories: 
After just a week of price increase, oil companies yet again increased gas prices by Php 1.50. People have asked “can it get any worse?” Actually, it can, and my sources said it will. Big ouch to hear that. But an even worse thing to hear is that it might even reach PhP 60.00 per liter. The dollar exchange rate increased but due to the Central Bank’s intervention, the rate didn’t close to the expected PhP 44 level. I’m sure some of the OFW families have been wanting for the dollar rates to go up, as their beloved relatives earn in dollars. I’m one of them actually, but I cannot help but be guilty of this seemingly selfish thinking, because I know with the weakening peso plus the rising oil prices, cost of commodities, services, and goods would likewise increase. It really makes people think of really migrating elsewhere. I was once invited by my relatives in California to migrate and be with them, but was a bit hesitant back then, because I wasn’t sure if there were Los Angeles jobs that would suit me.

Oh well, maybe in these times, instead of looking at the negative aspects in life, I should just continue thanking that our families are blessed. Gives me a sense of relief you know, to just continuously accept the blessings we receive on a daily basis, and never to forget to thank the Lord for each day that's given to us.

0 Comments: