May 9, 2008

Eanna's 8th Month Celebration

We celebrated Eanna's 8 months last night, and where there full of surprises!

First of, MIL sent us a cake, which meant that I didn't have to buy the 8 munchkins I originally planned. It was really sweet of her to remember my angel's special day. The last time, if I remember correctly, she sent us a pack of disposable diapers. :P

Then, since it was all gloomy last night, we had to forego of having dinner in out clubhouse. Question is where do we grill our barbecue right? We pushed through with our grilling... right in our balcony. Ssssh! I don't know if that's allowed but it's really an open space out there. Hope we don''t receive a letter of warning from the Admin. Hehehe. We were very discreet though and it only took us around 10 minutes. Hehehe.

In the meantime, our little angel just kept on playing while waiting for the food. Hahaha, as if she would get to taste them!

Anyway, I planned to make pasta Alfredo right? The start was a disaster, as the cream curdled when I added the lemon juice. Gash. That's the first time that this happened to me. Lately though I' noticed my cooking skills were a bit off. Oh well, no problem with it, because I immediately thought of an alternative. Pasta with Spanish sardines.

I washed and dried my pan again, heated it then added olive oil. I sauteed my chopped garlic and chili flakes, then added my sardines (plus the oil). I tossed the pasta in, then sprinkled some chopped Italian parsley. Voila. We now have pasta. Hehehe.



By the way, the barbecue tasted really good! I'll just share the recipe, courtesy of Foodie Magazine.

For dessert, other than the cake, we had vanilla ice cream topped with sliced bananas and chocolate syrup. As usual, our bellies were stuffed. But it really was a very good celebration.

Happy Birthday my little Eanna!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hi van, yeah i really love reading your blog, hope u dont mind, i posted it in my link. Geesh (*blush*) hehe so embarassing! Btw, your baby is sooo cute! Enrique's carbon copy hehe! Take care din =)

Ann

Jen said...

happy 8 months to eanna. your pasta sounds good!

Marissa said...

happy 8th month birthday to my little inaanak :)