May 10, 2008

Insuring Enrique

No comments    
categories: 
Last night Enrique texted me and asked if I already received our health cards, as part of the benefit package given by his company. He told me he was tasked to make a report on the pros and cons of the health card, and what else he can suggest to be included in their existing benefits package. What's good about their health card is that maternity expenses are covered, even the expenses when the woman gives birth. This is not covered by my own health card, so it's nice that being a dependent of my dear husband, I will be having this benefit should I get pregnant again. A con however is that only 70% of all hospitalization expenses are covered. Nice, but it would be better if 100% will be covered. Another con is that when hospitalized, only a semi-private room is part of the package. Bummer right?

I told him to suggest though that being seafarers and thus exposed to life-threatening situations (hello, ship sinking!), it might be good that a term insurance will be given to them. That way at least other than compensation stated by their contract (and CBA), additional monetary benefits will be provided to the seafarers' families. Wouldn't that be a good thing? Not that I'm eager for this, but hey, we have to be practical right? I mean, I myself am insured, and so should Enrique.

0 Comments: