May 7, 2008

Reminiscing the India Experience

1 comment    
categories: 
My first (and hopefully not the last) taste of India was when the President of my previous company asked me to be part of his team in coming up with a ship management book. I was really happy back then because I am going to a new country. Nevertheless, I was a bit nervous because I know the English is not really widely spoken, thus the need for someone to do Hindu translation.

Alas, when I went there, there was really no need for me to do some India translation since my Indian colleagues said that we are in the business capital of India, thus most, if not all, could speak English. Well, good for me right? So for a a week, we worked like crazy from morning till afternoon, then after office meant shopping time. I totally loved the trinkets sold there. I was even able to buy, oh my goodness, I forgot what it is called. The Indian sari if I am not mistaken? Plus I was able to buy the Indian shoes too (as usual, I forgot the name but back then these kinds of shoes were so in-fashion.

It's too bad though that my stay there was mostly for business, but I really would love to explore more of India and other bordering countries. Then again, the chances of me needing translators such as some who will do Arabic translation will even be greater. That or I should learn the language myself in order to help me in my future travels in this part of the world.

1 Comments:

Unknown said...

van! oh my, how are you?! if i remember correctly, i did leave a note saying i changed my blog address blah blah in one of your posts. and even if i rarely make a comment, i do read your blog every once in a while. i've been so busy lately! :) good thing you found my site!