Nov 8, 2010

Revlon Matte Eyeshadow

No comments    
categories: ,
I have some spare time today (what an understatement hahaha) and so I decided to feature one of my favorite products: Revlon Matte Eyeshadows! Admittedly I hardly use these but I love them nonetheless. Yes, I am one of those weird gals who just love buying makeup but end up rarely using them. Hahaha.
Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Aubergine
Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Peach Sorbet


Anyways, this Revlon ad was actually the one that lured me into buying these lovely eyeshadows:
I knew that the light eyeshadow was Peach Sorbet, and I also knew that the darker color was the Riviera Blue. 
Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Riviera Blue

However when I went to the Revlon counter, the lady told me it was Aubergine. So I got that. 

Well, though I preferred the Riviera Blue, I'm also happy with the Aubergine. Maybe I'll drop by again and get me one, hehehe. It would perfectly match the Peach Sorbet:


Anyways, I did a quick makeup for the day, and used the matte eyeshadows:

To complete the look, I didn't want to look to matte-y so I used Maybelline's Naked Star Lip Gloss (got it in Duty Free, Super cheap!!!!!)
And the usual Etude Bright BB Cream, Etude Brow Kit, and Nars Orgasm blush.

Revlon Matte shadows are perfect for those who are not into those shiny eyeshadows but still want drama and sophistication. They have 8 colors in the range:

As you can see the colors are really rich as they are highly pigmented but are also suitable for everyday use since they are neutral in color (save for the Venetian Blue... eye popping color but I am loving it!). They are very easy to apply though I suggest you get a more decent eyeshadow applicator because the one with it is not that great. Staying power is ok, but I'm not really the sweaty nor the acidic type so it stayed all day for me the last time I used this in the office.

PS: I know Revlon cosmetics are available in almost all department stores and at Watson's. If I remember correctly each eyeshadow is just under PhP 500, I think around 400 bucks.

0 Comments: