May 2, 2008

Labor Day

No comments    
categories: , ,
As promised, here's a recap of what we did during Labor Day (not really Labor Day-related. Hahahaha!)

I went to the market first thing in the morning buy buy some produce needed to sustain us at least until this weekend. Last night, I thought of having a little crabfest, so that was my main concern. As I have blogged about earlier, I was appalled (arte!) by the prices of fish, pork, and vegetables. Oh well. Such is life.

Anyway, I was back in time for us to prepare our lunch... Salt and pepper crabs, with lato (seaweed) and chopped tomatoes, plus mangoes on the side. Yummy....



Here's my recipe:

SALT AND PEPPER CRABS
Ingredients:
2 Kilos crabs
Sprite
All Purpose Flour (1 cup)
Spanish Paprika (1/2 cup)
Salt (lots!)
Pepper (lots!)
Chili Flakes
Chopped Garlic
Cooking Oil (you need a lot for deep frying)

First, marinate the crabs in Sprite while bringing water in a deep pot to a boil. Then dunk in the crabs plus the sprite and cook till crabs turn red. Set aside to cool before chopping them

Tip: I saw this in Asian Food Channel... If you want to be more "humane," put the crabs into the freezer to put them to sleep before cooking them. Hehehehe.

Combine the flour, paprika, salt, pepperm and chili flakes. Cover the crabs with the mixture.

Heat the cooking oil, then add garlic till cooked. Take out the garlic. Deep fry the crabs.

Y-U-M-M-Y, promise! I ate probably a kilo, you know!

***

We rested for a while (Eanna slept) before heading down to the pool to take a short swim. Water was very cool and refreshing. I'm so happy Eanna's now used to swimming. Yipee!



We would've gone to Powerplant afterwards, but I suddenly had a cold and so we just stayed at home and rested.

Anyway, these were the highlights of our day together. More summer days like this but with Enrique, I hope!

0 Comments: