May 12, 2010

Crazy Celebrity Baby Names

No comments    
categories: 
Forget Shiloh or Suri. I am talking about really crazy celebrity baby names, and believe me, you'd wonder what they were thinking when they named their bundle of joy these names.

It all started when I came across Shannon Sossamon's baby, and the baby's name is Audio Science. Ok, let's step back. Usually there are baby girl's names and baby boy's names. But the name Audio Science doesn't tell you whether the baby is a girl or a bot. It doesn't even tell you if the name is for a baby! Then I came across other names and I became all the more baffled... Pilot Inspektor (Jason Lee's). Moxie CrimeFighter (Penne Jillette's). Moon Unit (Frank Zappa’s). This is funny: Jermajesty (Jermaine Jackson's). There’s still a couple more, but you get the drift right?

Some names are acceptable to me but some still considered them weird or crazy: Apple (Gwyneth’s). Tallulah (Bruce and Demi’s), though this name is a bit funny for me as it reminded me of the movie Cool Runnings. You’ll know why if you watched it, hahah. Gaia (Emma Thompson).

I mean, would you name your kid one of those really unique but weird names? I know parents want their babies’ to have unique names and have a personality name-wise. But heck, I don’t think I’d do that because of what I want. I would also want my kid to want his or her name. I would prefer that my baby’s name has meaning, that’s why I named my little one Eanna. It is a “weird name” in a sense that it is not common. It is a Sumerian term for house of the Lord, or house of heaven. It is actually not a person’s name, but an ancient temple. I like it for some weird reason, ever since I first came across the term. Her second name Marie is much more common though.

Oh well, like what other people say. To each his own. In Tagalog… kanya-kanyang trip lang!

0 Comments: