Jun 7, 2008

Reworking My Kitchen

I just bought the third "book" of Real Home Ideas from Real Living magazine, and it just made me realize that there is so much more to be done in the little space we call home. Of course, with Enrique being away, I surely cannot handle the a major makeover of our pad, so I decided that should do I do some improvements, I have to choose which part of our unit will I do a makeover first. One thing I wanted was to cover the blank wall in our foyer area with stone, so that it becomes a stone wall. Aside from this, maybe I'm thinking of fixing our kitchen and dining area.

A month or so ago, I thought of reupholstering our dining chairs so that it becomes less "Asian-y" but of course I completely forgot about that (along with having slipcovers made for our sectional sofa). But anyway, now that I'm reviving my interest in beautifying our place (see, it really is a cycle... fashion, home, eanna clothes...). However, this is probably one of the major projects that I would prefer Enrique to be involved in. So what I want to do in the meantime is conceptualize what look I want for my kitchen, and at the same time make an inventory of cooking tools and equipment: what I always use, what I sometimes use, and what I rarely use or don't use at all. Next would be looking at my small appliacnes as well. I want to do this in order to do some spring cleaning: an uncluttered kitchen is probably the best canvas to work on. From there I'd know just how much cabinetry I would need in order to organize my kitchen.

I really love to cook, that's why I chose to work on our kitchen first. But I really have to do some planning and pantry organizing in the area so that preparing and cooking our meals would be easier. And at elast, when Enrique comes home and checks out our place (he does that, seriously!), he can see that this little area of mine is very well-maintained.

0 Comments: