Jun 20, 2008

DiBiDi-DiBiDi

No comments    
categories: 
Don't you just get annoyed when you hear that especially when you are busy shopping in Greenhills? Hahaha. Anyway, a seller of DVD's dropped by outside our office building and he was selling pirated DVD's. Of course I never bothered to look nor inquire about the goods, for fear of making our seafarers think that I condone buying pirated stuff (it is in our standard "speech" to remind crew not to bring any form of pirated materials, such as cds, dvds, or any other fake items). In all honesty however, I frown upon the purchase of pirated stuff, and it's just sad that there's still a proliferation of fake/imitation goods. I must admit that at one point I had purchases pirated dvd's (because there's no original yet!), but I didn't really enjoy watching because of poor quality of the picture, not to mention the poor closed captioning done (especially the non-English films). Still, sometimes one (I myself included) gets to be tempted especially if the goods are DVD copies already (not those that were just filmed in the cinemas). Who wouldn't like having 10 movies in 1 dvd right, especially if the quality is manageable?

It really takes willpower to resist that kind of "temptation." So the next time you go to Greenhills, if you hear those bee-like sounds buzzing beside you, just ignore and continue shopping (non-imitation goods I hope?).

0 Comments: