Jun 22, 2008

Another Mayday

2 comments    
categories: 
Just when I was getting excited over the news that the MarOps management team will be scheduled to go onboard one of our vessels (in different times of course), news broke that another domestic passenger ship sank, most likely due to the storm bombarding us right now. Now I'm a little hesitant to go onboard a vessel. I know, I know, it's a different experience and it would be a different case because our vessels have very high safety standards, but still, the fear of bad things happening are there. Initially I was really really looking forward to it, as if it's one of those European cruises or something, but maybe I should get over this news before I get ecstatic about it. Heck, that's gonna be one week onboard you know. I just hope my turn won't be soon; I don't want to have my vessel visit this rainy season!

Anyway, going back to the topic... I truly feel for the families who are hoping against hope that their beloved who were onboard that ship are alive. Four though were found dead, and around 700 still missing. What a sad day brought about by this stormy weather. Somebody should be accountable for this incident. Yoohoo... government, are you listening? Do you even care? Please do something!

2 Comments:

* said...

Yep, the news abt the sulpicio is so saddening. Working in a shipping line makes you wonder what are the safety measures that they do considering this is the 4th time it happened. Tsk.

I had the experience on being on board a ship for 1 wk. It was one of our mother vessels, the biggest at that time around 6000 teu if i remember correctly (our S-type). The trip was from Japan-Taiwan-HKG. We had a tour of the viewing deck and the underdeck too. It was winter time and funny bec the seamen filled the pool with water thinking me and the other girl companion will dive in! Hahaha, dream on! We watched abt 7 movies within a wk of vessel tour. ;)

Lil said...

It seems to me you are a crewing manager? Which company or principal you working for? If you don't mind me asking.