Nov 26, 2015

Setting up my Midori

No comments    
categories: ,
I have fully embraced journalling and planning, after joining a planner / journal group and being inspired by the worlds done by fellow journallers and planners. Gosh, didn't know this hobby could be addicting and ugh, expensive hahaha! Washi tapes, clear stamps, stamp pads, pens, stickers, and more have been my points of interest. Seriously burning a hole in my wallet. Not to mention of course purchasing a couple of planners hahaha!

Anyway, this is how I have set up my favourite journal so far (sorry, Moleskine, I've switched hahaha). I love my Midori travellers notebook and I am so glad that even though it is a but pricey (and is pricey to maintain because of the inserts), I know that this is the wisest investment I made when it comes to journalling. 

Unlike others though, I want to keep my Midori as simple as possible. Maximum of 3 inserts perhaps:
  • Weekly with Memo inserts (2 for the whole of 2016, though I'm not sure if I will put them together - for my weekly journal
  • Blank Insert - more in depth writing, including prayers
  • Dotted Insert - my letters to my two kids
  • Kraft Paper Insert - for travel
I also included the plastic insert that has slots for cards and a nice small zip pocket. Love love this!

I plan to have inspirational cards when I open my journal. The plastic insert will hold these.
The back of the front part of the insert contains wash tape samples and some sticky notes. Check out my charms: V letter, horse, butterfly, moon, and key. All have special meaning to me. :)
The zip pocket right now contains more inspirational cards but maybe in the future it will holed other things.
These are some of the loot that I got to help me be more creative in my journalling!
I have noticed two things: One, I am so much into gold. Two, my palette is on the neutral/muted side, no cutey-pie pastel or ultra vibrant colors. Hahaha. Plus, I'm more into vintage design stickers.

And since today I am stressed, I just dabbled on designing my journal entry for the first time. 
Kinda crappy looking but I do hope that with experience my designs will be better.

This hobby, together with modern calligraphy is what's keeping me happy and grounded so far. I love that it brings out the creativity in me, while at the same time helps me keep my memories for me to read in the future.








0 Comments: