Nov 15, 2015

The Art of Gift Wrapping

No comments    
categories: ,
Ever since I was a kid, I have always enjoyed wrapping gifts, whether these be for birthdays, Christmas, or any other occasion. It's a sad thought when i realised that as years passed by, I just relied on two things: either I have them wrapped in Rustan's, National Bookstore, or any other store that offered gift wrapping service. Worse, there was a time when only paper bags of the stores (whether they have themed paper bags or not) were the ones used as "gift wrappers."

This year, I have decided that those days are gone, and that I will go back to my liking for wrapping gifts. This time however, I choose to be a little more crafty, and to have my own brand or style of wrapping gifts. I bought a ball of twine from Craft Central, washi tapes from various sellers (mostly IG / FB sellers), and kraft paper (three huge rolls from a main supplier in Pasay) as my materials to wrap gifts. I also ordered customised gift tags (one for Christmas, one for any occasion) from Post Script Designs. I love Post Script's products and have been ordering from them since 2013! 

Anyway, I'm sure I would have so much fun wrapping gifts, thinking of ideas on how to make use of simple and inexpensive materials. 

This Christmas season, I have already started wrapping a few gifts, and although at first it was a bit tiring and such a slow start for me (I even got help from our helpers), I slowly got the hang of it. I loved the end products, I must say! Each gift has a different design, thanks to the number of Christmas-themed wash tapes I hoarded hahaha.
I plan to attend gift wrapping workshops in the future so that I would gain more knowledge, experience, and ideas in the art of gift wrapping. Oh happy heart! 

0 Comments: