Nov 4, 2015

Home Decor: Our Own Home Project

I am so excited to have finally found the contractor who will update our home decor! It's not a total overhaul, but the priorities of this home renovation project are two things: updating the wall's colours and streamlining our shelving and cabinetry.

Here are the inspirations (read: must copy!) for our project.

Master Bedroom
We are in terrible need of organising and updating our master's bedroom. Aside from adding my own table, there was not much that changed for the last 10 years.

Our room used to have a pale lovely lavender color with white accents (open shelves and cabinets). Now I'm opting to have a wonderful French-y pale blue, still with white accents.


The walls will be painted in Benjamin Moore "White Satin"
Definitely we will replace our bed with this new design. Space permitting, maybe this is the year when I will finally have my forever-in-my-wish list mirrored bedside table. LOVE.

For our bathroom, currently it has a Spring Green wall with off-white tiles. There's a B&W frame with a photo of a B&W calla lily, plus a hug he black-bordered mirror. We will retain the tiles (too expensive to change), but change the color to something softer: Benjamin Moore "Ballet White."
A small vanity cabinet will be installed for our personal care products. I would still retain our ivory towels but probably add powder blue ones for color.


Living Room / Dining Room
Our current walls have sage green color, and much as I love it, I would like to try to my first love... white, or off white at least. I have found the perfect white in Benjamin Moore's "Simply White." Don't you just love the name?

We will maintain our foyer wall's color, Ace paint's "Daydream," which is a dupe for Benjamin Moore's "Danube Blue" below. 
I totally love this color as it is a nice contrast to the painting hanging on our wall. Just imagine gilded picture frames of various shapes and designs!

Until now I'm still in love with our foyer, so definitely we will not change it. In this pic, it's a little turquoise-y but really, above color is more accurate.


This home design has been my crush since I saw it last year, as it compliments nicely to the blue wall we have.



I would love to have that cerulean color for our sofa! We will have ours reupholstered, plus new foam will be used. Together with our blue wall, this would be such a contrast to our white walls and white kitchen!


Dining Room
Our dining room will have the same wall color as our living area, since our condo is an open space type of layout. Below are the inspirations for our little dining nook. I would still want to have those Louis chairs, likely in cream wood and champagne upholstery.





Our second bathroom needs a facelift too, but I guess it's more on updating the red walls into a softer hue, just like this BJ's "Hush."
Goodness, I can't wait till our home's facelift is done. I just hope that the result will be as lovely as our ideas and inspirations.

Speaking of inspirations, I'm also glad that 2016's Color of the year for Benjamin Moore is "Simply White." It is indeed a happy coincidence, but hey, I'm not complaining! I have loved white second to green... well I use a lot of white really! Such a treat to know too that most of the colours I have chosen are in the 2016 color trends. Check it out.


0 Comments: