Nov 13, 2015

The Hunt for the Perfect Planner

No comments    
categories: ,
I have always loved blogging, mainly because since I was a child, I loved to write in my journals. Though I stopped for a while, it truly is a blessing that I have rediscovered journalling. More than ever, I am focused in documenting my life, my thoughts and dreams, and even my kids' growing up years via this blog and a personal journal. Why the need for a written journal when there is the blogosphere right?

For me, there is a certain nostalgia and sentimentalism when it comes to writing in a journal. Besides, not all I can put here in my blog. :)

Anyway, I started hunting for the perfect journal/planner back in September, and I finally decided in getting this lovely Day Designer planner:
I'm not the type who likes cutesie stuff, but I do have a weakness for pink, polka dots, and gold. So imagine when I saw this one with all three elements! I have yet to receive this from the US - ordered this from Belle & Blush, but I look forward to using this for my daily chores, to do's, and most likely anything about our business - meetings, activities, and tasks.

Before November came, I got fixated with the Starbucks 2016 planner. Sure, I had those planners back in 2011-2013, even if I hardly drink coffee (officemates mates helped me back then!), but stopped for a year because I felt that after years of using it at the office, I didn't really use it. However, 2016 planner is different... thanks to its collaboration with Moleskine! Now we're talking, right?
I have been a Moleskine user as its notebooks served as my sketchbook and journal, so this was a happy surprise. I would love to have the white version (weekly with memo), and I am 3 stickers away from bagging it! I will most likely use this for my kids' schedules and school activities, plus most likely as my blog planner too. We'll see.

All the madness rushed in, and suddenly I am obsessed with finding the perfect journal that would serve as my main journal since my Moleskine got filled up already. I went to Scribe in Megamall, looking for the Midori limited Blue edition (Pan Am Edition) travel notebook, but I was told that there was no more stock. However, before I left the shop, I was called back, and the lady informed me that the one that was reserved hasn't been claimed for 3 days already, meaning I could have it! It must be fate. Upon seeing it the first time, I was IN LOVE. I knew this was the journal for me.
It is a bit expensive, and the inserts may break my wallet's spine (tehehehe), but having read all positive reviews, I know it is worth it. Besides, there are local suppliers selling in IG that sell their own version of inserts that fit the Midori Travel Notebook at much cheaper price. I got a few from Noted Journal, and others I have looked at are: Planners and Journals, Shmily Arts and Crafts, and CN Crafts. I was too tempted to get their own version of travel notebooks too, but had to restrain and tell myself that I already have a gorgeous Midori to keep me company.

I have also eyed Alunsina Handbound Books since 2013, but I ended up buying the Simplified Planner and the Home Base Binder by Emily Ley. On hindsight I wished I got the Alunsina notebooks too, but hey, no regrets, since the SP has served its purpose too.

The Alunsina journals are among the most gorgeous leather journals I have seen, plus they are locally made!
The brand also offers travel notebooks, a serious contender to the Midori.

I was really torn between the two, but the Midori finally won me over. There is still a very good chance I'd be getting one of these (or both journal and travel notebook), but for now, I think I should be contented with my Midori and maximise its full potential.

I really look forward to organising, crafting and documenting my life more, and hopefully these planners and journals will help me in my journey. :)

0 Comments: