Apr 9, 2008

Cebu Trip

No comments    
categories: 
Finally! Here are my updates on my recent trips.

My trip to Cebu was due to the naming ceremony and delivery of our company’s vessel, which was built in a Japanese shipyard in Cebu. We stayed in Shangri-La Mactan for 3 days, and frankly I must say that it was a good stay there. We had a pre-naming dinner the night before the actually occasion, and I was one of the emcee’s for the night. I was very nervous, as it was a long time ago since I last did this. In the end, it turned out to be ok, and I managed to inject some light remarks that broke the formality of the event. Hahaha, sorry I couldn’t resist. Food was good, I loved the cocktails and the sit-down dinner.

The next day, we had an early start, because the trip to the shipyard was 3 hours. Gash, did my back ache and all. Hehehe. The event was a tearful one for me (us), partly because of the sentimental songs being played while all the officer and crew of the vessel waved their hands to bid us (and their families) goodbye. I mean, who wouldn’t drop a tear or two with this scenery, plus the song “I am sailing” filling your ears.





I also envisioned Enrique wearing the Captain’s suit, bidding me goodbye. Geesh, please I don’t want to experience this, let me just go with the vessel. And of course, I felt a bit sad, because of the thought of possibly leaving the company. More about that later.

That afternoon, we had some free time to swim, so I donned my new swimsuit and headed towards the beach. It was marvelous, swimming together with the fishes. Hahaha.



Boy we really had fun, with one of our officemates snapping pictures of us. Then we headed to the pool area. Water was warm, and it was relaxing after a tiring day. We then had dinner at Tides. Food was really good, though I got disappointed because there were no fresh oysters. Dang. It’s expensive though, as the price is the same as hotel buffet prices back in Manila. I enjoyed the food a lot though, and since it’s “free” I enjoyed it even more. Hehehehe.

I met up with my friends M and B for an after-dinner thing. I ordered just a glass of wine (no desserts, thank you), and resisted to get another one. I’m having another early start the next day, you know. We talked about a lot of stuff, and it was really good that I had time to meet them.

The next day, selected personnel (including myself) went to SOS Villages Cebu to visit the place as well as to give toys to the children who are currently being provided shelter (and livelihood as well) by the organization. The visit was heartwarming (I cried again) because the kids, from the young ones to the tweens, as well as their “mothers,” presented a lot of song and dance numbers and poetry recitals.





The last presentation was the most touching part, because the boys presented what I call the “white gloves” presentation. You know, using and moving their hands to convey messages, to the tune of “The Prayer.” It wouldn’t have been presented best at night, but of course this was not possible at the moment. But boy, was I tearful especially when they have formed “We Love You” and “Thank You.” I am such a cry-baby. Hahaha.

After the visit, we had lunch again at Tides before we packed out bags and left for Manila. Of course, I had another full meal. I totally loved the baked fish with lemon butter sauce. The fish was superb, nicely cooked.







In the airport we had a 30-minute foot massage by the blind, and the one who massaged me was very good… and artistic. His body movements while massaging my feet are like the body movements of a pianist. Hahaha.

The flight turned out to be quite ok, far from what we have experienced when we were en route to Cebu. All of us were really nervous at first, but relaxed a bit when it seemed that the flight was pleasant, with some mild shakes here and there.

My first stop upon reaching home was in Eanna’s room. She looked so serene while sleeping. I kept on kissing her but she didn’t wake up. What a lovely angel I have.

Anyway, that’s what happened in Cebu. Next update would be my Singapore trip. :D

0 Comments: