Jun 10, 2010

New Condo Design Idea

No comments    
categories: 
I fell in love with the design and color palette of this bedroom.


So much so that I decided to let go of my turquoise fascination, for the meantime at least. Hahaha.

I made this mood board for our future condo's design.


Well, what do you know, I got to incoporate some turquoise elements along the way hahaha. Deeper shade though.

Major revamps are:

  • Floors will be from cream tiles to dark wood (Pergo Spanish or Aged Oak))
  • Kitchen cabinetry - from medium oak to white; the same black granite.
Crucial elements:
  • Find that perfect wallpaper and glass tiles! I can't afford the Bisazza tiles (Caterina, $1k++ per square foot I think!) in my mood board. But I do want a gold and deep turquoise combination (just to satisfy my turquoise fixation hahaha). The wallpaper... *Sigh* I just have to look for something similar and less expensive. That's by Katie Ridder.
  • Mirrored console and coffee table. Geesh, I forgot the name of that shop in Tiendesitas but I surely hope they're still in business! Gotta go there one time. Hope they custom-make since our "foyer" has very limited space.
  • Lighting elements - gotta find that table lamp that's just the right size - tall and slim. Now as to the ceiling lamps, I will still look for similar once that are less expensive. But if all else fails, I guess I gotta buy them from Venzon. Ack. Expensivo!
Hopefully our condo will be on its way to looking like that at least by 2011. I hope I stick to this design. So for now, bye bye modern Scandi. Hello again modern glamour.

(I seem to be tossing between those two, hahaha).

0 Comments: